Other Personal Insurance Coverage Overview
Personal Insurance covers several insurance policies that can protect different vehicles and other assets you may own. Miscellaneous Personal Insurance policies are designed to help cover vehicles or assets you own that don’t fall under other kinds of insurance policies you may have, like an Auto Insurance policy or Homeowners Insurance policy. These policies can include:
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- ATV/UTV Insurance
- Snowmobile Insurance
- RV/Camper Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
- And flood Insurance.
Policies for motorcycles and RVs are required in the state of Wisconsin. At a minimum, specific liability requirements are necessary to operate a motorcycle or RV on Wisconsin roads. Many other insurance policies are optional but can be beneficial for those who choose them.
Why Miscellaneous Personal Insurance is Important
Insurance policies aren’t one size fits all, which is where Miscellaneous Personal Insurance comes into play. These Personal Insurance policies are useful for people with unique insurance needs above and beyond standard homeowners, renters, auto, or Commercial Insurance. These Personal Insurance policies are designed to protect your investments, whether that investment takes the form of a boat, a camper, a snowmobile, or Umbrella Insurance.
These various Personal Insurance policies can help cover you for the activities you enjoy, from the water to the snow, the open road to your backyard.
Miscellaneous Personal Insurance Coverage
Not all of these Personal Insurance policies are required in the state of Wisconsin. The optional policies can provide numerous benefits, however.
- Motorcycle Insurance is required in Wisconsin. Motorcyclists must have at least $25,000 in bodily injury protection, $50,000 insurance coverage per accident, and $10,000 in property damage coverage. Additional optional add-ons include collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, accessories coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and medical payments coverage.
- Boat Insurance is only required for commercial fishing vessels in Wisconsin. However, boats can be expensive, and an insurance policy specifically designed to protect this asset can be beneficial for boat owners. Boat Insurance policies can include liability coverage, coverage for damage to your boat or trailer, collision insurance, personal property insurance, spill insurance, towing and assistance, and more.
- RV or camper Insurance requirements can vary depending on the type of RV or camper you have. Motorized RVs are required to have Liability Insurance at a minimum in Wisconsin. RV and Camper Insurance can also include comprehensive and collision coverage, vacation liability, a full-timers package, and other optional coverages.
- Wisconsin doesn’t require ATV or UTV drivers to have Liability Insurance; however, insuring your ATV or UTV can be a good idea because of the expense of repairing or replacing these vehicles in case of an accident.
- Snowmobiling is an incredibly popular activity in Wisconsin during the winter months. Snowmobiles can be expensive and repairing or replacing them after they are damaged can be a major out of pocket expense you might not be prepared for. Insurance for a snowmobile can include liability coverage for property damage or bodily injury, in addition to collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, medical payments coverage, uninsured/underinsured coverage, etc.
- Umbrella Insurance, or extra liability coverage, is an optional insurance policy that helps protect assets above and beyond your other insurance policies’ scope. An umbrella policy will kick in when your other insurance coverage’s policy limits have been used up. An umbrella policy can protect your personal assets against a lawsuit that claims you are at fault for property damage or bodily injury. This policy can help pay legal defense, settlement costs, and other fees associated with a lawsuit.
- Flood Insurance is often overlooked as an optional stand-alone policy. Many people think flood damage is covered under their Homeowners Insurance, and in some cases, you may be able to add a flood endorsement to that policy. Properties in high-risk flood areas are usually required to have Flood Insurance; however, even low-risk flood areas can experience flooding, so considering flood insurance is a good idea.
Some Homeowners Insurance policies include boats or other vehicles like ATVs in the policy. Still, the amount of coverage this offers often isn’t enough to repair or replace your boat or ATV if it is damaged. A Homeowners Insurance policy may be able to cover personal belongings you have stored in an RV or camper, whether you are actively using that vehicle or not. Our agents can help you determine if you have deficiencies in your existing insurance coverage and how Miscellaneous Personal Insurance policies could decrease that gap.
Additionally, your Auto Insurance likely won’t cover your motorcycle under that policy. You’ll need to have a motorcycle license and a Motorcycle Insurance policy separate from your other vehicle, although there may be an option to bundle your insurance policies together.
Areas We Serve
The Cordova Insurance Agency is located in Merrill, Wisconsin. We are proud to serve the surrounding communities, including Wausau, Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff and surrounding areas. We know your activities can take you from Wisconsin’s numerous lakes to the open road and everywhere in between. We can help you find an insurance policy that protects your vehicles and the activities you love to do all across the state.
The insurance agents at Cordova Insurance Agency are here to help you find the right insurance policies to meet your needs. From waterways to highways, we’re here with our partners to provide you with Miscellaneous Personal Insurance options and advice.
To learn more about Miscellaneous Personal Insurance, contact the Cordova Insurance Agency at (715) 536-9576. Our licensed agents will be happy to answer any questions you have.