Auto Insurance Overview
Cordova Insurance Agency understands how important it is to have the right type of car insurance. Auto insurance is a requirement for all motorists in the state of Wisconsin, and it helps motorists lower their financial exposure in the case of an accident. By paying for auto insurance each year, an insurance company shares your risk in the case of an accident. Premiums are primarily dependent on a few factors, such as your driving history, credit history, age, gender, and the type of car you drive.
Examples of losses, depending on your coverage, can include property damage or theft, liabilities such as bodily injuries, and medical costs. The state of Wisconsin mandates that all drivers need to have a minimum liability coverage of $10,000 for property damage, $25,000 for the injury or death of one person, and $50,000 for an injury or death of two or more people. Having uninsured motorist coverage of $25,000 or $50,000 for bodily injuries is also mandatory in Wisconsin. Uninsured motorist coverage covers you in case a driver who does not have auto insurance causes an accident to occur.
Why Auto Insurance is Important
Having auto insurance can save you a significant amount of money and trouble in the case of a devastating accident.
If you have a car accident, you may have to address a lawsuit or claim that requires you to pay for property damages, medical expenses, lost wages, and possibly wrongful death. If you do not have coverage, you could lose your savings and future earnings to pay for such surmounting losses. Also, should you ever be sued for damages by another party, your insurance company will provide an attorney and will defend your case.
Auto Insurance Coverage
The state of Wisconsin requires the following coverage in your car insurance:
- Liability Insurance for Bodily Injury: This coverage can protect you when you are at fault, and other parties sue for medical expenses, a loss of wages, and other losses such as pain and suffering.
- Liability Insurance for Property Damage: This type of insurance can cover property damage you have caused, such as a broken windshield or damaged fence. The most expensive property damage is that of the other vehicles involved in an accident. Imagine if you were at fault where you crossed the center line and hit a 2020 Cadillac Escalade. If totaled, you could be on the hook for more than $80,000.00. Property damage liability coverage can also cover government property, such as a light or street sign.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Having uninsured motorist coverage can cover you, your family and other vehicle occupants if you are hit and injured by an uninsured driver or by a hit-and-run driver. However, property damage is typically not covered.
The state of Wisconsin does not require the following coverage in your auto insurance, but optional coverage includes the following:
- Medical Expense Coverage: Medical or funeral payments can be covered for you or others who are injured or killed during an accident when you were driving. It can also include coverage if you get hit by a car while walking or riding as a passenger in another vehicle. Examples of coverage include hospital bills, x-rays, and rehabilitation services. Often, what’s covered are expenses not already covered by health insurance, such as deductibles and copays.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage: Collisions are covered even if you are at fault, such as if your car overturns or if you are involved in a hit-and-run by another vehicle. Comprehensive coverage takes place if your vehicle gets damaged due to a fire, vandalism, wind, or hitting a deer, which is quite common in Wisconsin. Moreover, comprehensive coverage kicks in if your tires are stolen, or a flood damages your car.
- Underinsured Motorist: Underinsured motorist coverage raises your bodily injury protection amount based on how much you purchased if the person at fault has lower coverage limits than needed to cover a claim.
Areas We Serve
Cordova Insurance Agency is the right agency to serve your auto insurance needs. We are located in Merrill, Wisconsin & we service Wausau, Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff, and surrounding areas.
We strive to offer full services to all of our customers and work with our clients to give them the coverage they need while respecting their budgets. We are made up of highly qualified professionals and offer multiple companies to work with. We are here for you through every detail, from the moment you call us for an auto insurance quote. We process claims and handle your billing concerns in an efficient and friendly manner.
There are many more special features you can choose to add to your auto insurance plan at Cordova Insurance Agency, such as Towing and Labor, rental reimbursment to name a couple. Towing and Labor coverage comes in handy in case of a flat tire, lockout, or need to jump-start your car. Rental reimbursment provides you with a rental car while waiting for your vehicle to get fixed or replaced.
Cordova Insurance Agency loves helping our customers feel at peace and confident with their auto insurance. We want you to feel protected, work within your budget, and give exceptional service. We will figure out the best discounts and deductibles for you-leave it all to us!
To learn more about auto insurance, contact Cordova Insurance Agency at (715) 536-9576. Our licensed professionals will be happy to answer any questions you have.