Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance Including Pollution Liability Overview
Cordova Insurance Company understands the potential liability of well drilling and soil boring. We offer insurance to help well drillers protect their business interest if and when an issue occurs.
Well drilling and soil boring is an important service to any community. Insurance helps cover issues relating to gas tank removal, soil testing, and sub-surface issues occurring when building roads and buildings.
Sometimes, drillers hit utility lines, have equipment issues, and otherwise have problems that may result in costly repairs and problems. Proper insurance may help mitigate these costs and keep business operating as usual.
Why Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance Including Pollution Liability is Important
Well Drilling or Soil Boring is the process of drilling into the earth for natural resources. Most people think of wells as relating to water. However, wells can relate to discovery of soil conditions, natural gas, brine, and petroleum, as well as water.
The process of well drilling and soil boring is incredibly precise. The equipment is specialized and can be quite costly for companies to maintain and replace.
However, if one thing goes wrong, the entire project can create a problem. There could also be pollution issues. Roads and buildings can get destroyed. Utility lines can get cut, leading to mass blackouts, fire hazards, and more.
Therefore, Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance and other insurance types, such as, Pollution Liability Insurance, can help mitigate the drilling company’s financial impact. The insurance allows the company to correct the problem without going out of business in the process. It also helps replace machinery that is damaged or destroyed.
When issues can occur more often than anyone would like, carrying critical insurance can mean the difference between opening the next day or closing the business’ doors forever.
Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance and Pollution Liability Insurance Coverage
Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance and Pollution Liability Insurance can cover a host of problems. They can help cover the costs related to many types of pollution caused by company actions. They can also cover losses due to gas tank removals, soil testing, and many types of sub-surface issues.
Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance and Pollution Liability Insurance, covers the following:
- General Liability: General Liability covers general issues that can occur from drilling and soil boring. If people are injured as a result of your actions, general liability can help. Since drilling occurs on property belonging to others, General Liability Insurance can also cover claims of property damage against your business from clients.
- Commercial Property: Drilling equipment is costly. Drilling and soil boring businesses include commercial buildings with office space as well as millions of dollars of commercial equipment. Commercial Property Coverage protects your assets when damage occurs to your property from many types of covered events.
- Commercial Auto: Commercial Auto covers accidents that occur in a company vehicle or machine.
- Workers Compensation: Drilling and soil boring comes with a lot of risk to employees. Workers Compensation Coverage handles medical issues and lost wages due to work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Employer Practices Liability: This coverage protects you in the event of an employment-related lawsuit, such as wrongful termination or retaliation.
- Pollution Liability: Drilling and soil boring can create pollution issues when an accident occurs. Pollution Liability Coverage helps cover costs relating to pollution from drilling sites.
- Inland Marine: Covers products, materials, and equipment while the items are being transported via land, such as by work truck or train. Inland Marine Coverage was designed to help protect company property that is movable.
Well Drilling and Soil Boring Insurance and Pollution Liability Insurance is a necessity for many drilling companies. The costs resulting from an incident, equipment failure, theft, or pollution event can bankrupt a company. Cordova Insurance Agency’s commercial insurance policies help cover additional issues that can occur in the field and beyond. In addition to covering commercial business issues through insurance, Cordova Insurance Agency can help provide commercial bonding as needed. And more!
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance: Provides additional liability protection if costs due to an accident reach past what your Business Liability Policy is able to cover. Commercial Umbrella works with your Business Liability to add more coverage, which increases your insurance policy.
- Business Income Insurance: Helps to cover the loss of income due to a covered peril. Commonly covered hazards include fire, theft, wind, flood, and more depending on the insurance company you are with.
Areas We Serve
There is an abundant amount of drilling taking place in Wisconsin. Aside from drilling to find resources, drilling can help remove gas tanks, which can be a dangerous and difficult endeavor. Cordova Insurance Agency provides the necessary coverage to Wisconsin-based drilling and soil boring companies. Our main office is located in central Wisconsin in Merrill, Wisconsin. Many of our clients are throughout central Wisconsin. Our service areas include Merrill, Wausau, Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff, and surrounding areas.
Well drilling and soil boring is a unique industry with unique liability issues. Insurance providers must offer coverage that addresses all these needs. Wisconsin laws require drilling and boring companies to maintain coverages to protect the local community. However, many companies will also benefit from coverage to protect their own expensive equipment and business needs. Cordova Insurance Agency provides this peace of mind to many Wisconsin drilling businesses.
Well drilling is a dangerous business but has many rewards. However, due to the nature of the business, owners of these businesses must protect their interests as well as the interests of the local community. When an issue occurs, or pollution ensues, companies without the right coverage may not reopen if a lawsuit is brought against them. Cordova Insurance Agency can help you find the coverage you need to protect your assets and protect your local community.
To learn more about Well Drilling and Soil boring Insurance and Pollution Liability, contact Cordova Insurance Agency at (715) 536-9576. Our licensed professionals will be happy to answer any questions you have.