Wholesale Distributors Insurance Overview
There is a long list of business owners who can benefit from Commercial Insurance Policies, and one business that is on that list is wholesale distributors. Wholesale distributors work with all types of products from lumber, to paper products, to food and beverage. They handle and receive bulk products from product manufacturers and distribute them to retailers who sell them to the public. They have a warehouse to have the products delivered and held until drivers can load the product into company trucks and drive them out to retailers in their area.
Like many other businesses and industries, Commercial Insurance serves wholesale distributors, and can help protect them from financial ruin if an accident occurs. The insurance agents at Cordova Insurance Agency understand the specific risks involved within the distribution industry and have created insurance products to cater to these particular business owners.
Wholesale distributors make their employees’ safety and their products a top priority, but accidents can occur even in the most experienced company. Commercial General Liability Insurance, Product Liability Insurance, Commercial Property Insruance, and Commercial Auto are all insurance policies necessary for wholesale distributors.
As insurance agents, we need to adapt our insurance products to fit our clients in the best and most supportive way possible. Cordova Insurance Agency makes serving and educating our client’s professional obligation, ensuring they receive exactly the coverage they require.
Why Commercial Insurance For Wholesalers is Important
Certain Commercial Insurance Policies are designed to support wholesale distributors and allow them to go through their workday, knowing their business is covered by top quality coverage. Business Liability Insurance is a basic standard for companies; however, wholesale distributors have specific needs and require more specific insurance policies.
Wholesale distributors often receive beverages as one of their most common sources of products. Beverage distributors handle pop/soda, beer, and liquor deliveries. Wholesale distributors often specialize in the marketing of the beverages they carry. They bring them to different retailers, offer taste testing, and negotiate shelf space for the product brands they represent. The wholesaler is also responsible for restocking the product. Employees travel from retail store to retail store, filling empty shelves to continue to purchase their distributed drinks. Wholesale distributors also travel to bars and restaurants to deliver liquor. Commercial Insurance Products can help protect the distributor from the cost of property damage at a retailer they may be liable for. It also can help cover insurance protections for the refrigerated trucks used to transport employees and products.
Wholesale distributors also specialize in food brands. Food brand orders usually filled by wholesale companies are bread, milk, fruits, and vegetables. Highly perishable foods that are popularly purchased are often distributed from wholesalers due to quantity demand and the short shelf-life each item has. Wholesale distributors also can specialize in restaurant food ingredient delivery. Many restaurants and pizza companies rely on wholesalers to deliver fresh ingredients at bulk prices. Commercial Wholesale Distribution Insurance can help cover income loss due to recalled food items or possibly damaged merchandise.
Commercial Wholesale Distributor Insurance Coverage
Commercial Wholesale Distributor Insurance Policies offer protection that can be customized to differing policyholders. Wholesalers Insurance can help cover financial losses due to damaged property. For example, suppose a wholesale driver was to spill a pallet of product in a retailer’s store, ruining the product, and damaging other property. In that case, the Liability Insurance policy could assist in the cost of rectifying the incident. What are things typically covered under Commercial Wholesale Distributor Insurance?
- Commercial General Liability: Liability Insurance products can offer financial assistance in the event of commercial damages to third-party properties or persons that the business owner may be held responsible for.
- Commercial Property Insurance – Helps cover your buildings and equipment. This coverage may also extend to fencing around your property and the landscaping on your property. If a building sustains damage, a fence is vandalized, or trees come down during a storm, a Commercial Property Insurance Policy could help restore those items.
- Commercial Auto: Can help a wholesaler protect their business vehicles and possibly assist with potential damages. A commercial vehicle is classified as a car or truck used to transport products, tools, or employees for a business.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – Required for businesses in Wisconsin with three or more full or part-time employees.
- Product Liability: Product Liability Insurance helps cover the financial costs of bodily injury or monetary losses due to a product. If a recall happened and financial losses occurred, Product Liability Policies can help cover these events. Refrigerated equipment and products can also be covered, but always read the details of your insurance policy.
- Liquor liability – Liquor Liability helps protect a business that sells and serves alcohol.
- Employers Practice Liability Insurance: This coverage protects your business in the event of an employment-related lawsuit, such as wrongful termination or retaliation.
- Inland Marine: Protects your company products, merchandise, or equipment while in transit to your business.\
Cordova Insurance Agency offers various insurance policies that are sure to fit a client’s business needs. Different industries have different needs; thankfully, Cordova caters to a client’s career and has many related policies that can be coupled together.
- Commercial Umbrella: Commercial Umbrella provides extra liability protection over and beyond your current coverage limits. In the event of an accident, the costs may exceed the limits of the original liability policy. An umbrella helps cover the extra fees and adds additional security and protection.
- Business Income Insurance: In the case of lost income due to hazardous events, Business Income Insurance may help cover the costs. Possibly covered perils include fire, flood, wind, and theft.
- Crime Insurance: If a commercial business were at risk for fraud or theft, resulting in the loss of business or income, Crime Insurance might assist in the cost.
Areas We Serve
Cordova Insurance Agency brings a level of experienced professionalism to all of its clients in the central Wisconsin area, in Merrill. We are proud to maintain our headquarters in central Wisconsin in Merrill. Our clients are throughout central Wisconsin, including Merrill, Wausau, Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff, and surrounding areas.
Cordova Insurance Agency is determined to provide quality insurance policies that can give their commercial wholesaler clients peace of mind when they begin their workday. Exceptional customer service can always be found with Cordova as we strive to support our policyholders’ needs.
How Do I Learn More?
To learn more about Commercial Wholesale Distributor Insurance, contact Cordova Insurance Agency at (715)-536-9576. Our licensed professionals will be happy to answer any questions you have.